Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm so busted!

Yesterday at 3:00pm there was a mysterious knock at the door. I opened the door to find a nicely dressed young man. He introduced himself as the North Montgomery Truance and Attendance officer. Oh great here we go. For those of you who know my children you know that it isn't winter w/out 2-3mths of off and on illness. I invited the man in to show him my sick children laying on the couch in their pj's. I explained that they had doctor's notes and couldn't return to school yet due to fevers. He gave me a print out that revealed that Briley has now missed 16days of school and Hadyn has missed 11. Most of which were covered by Dr's notes. Believe me I would rather have them at school than home sick! The ironic thing is I was so glad to send them back to school today after a week of being home and then at about 9:30am I got a call from the school saying that they were sending all of the kids home because there was no electricity at the school. I was tempted to go visit the school to be sure that there were really circumstances to send the kids home. Especially since it seems like every other week there is a teacher work day or 1/2 day for one reason or another. So when my children are finally well enough to attend, the school just finds a reason to send them back home. I just can't win. Briley thinks she is one step closer to her dream of being home schooled. Kate if we home school will you be our lunch lady?

7 comments:

Steph said...

You're such the picture of a delinquent parent. Sitting at home watching TV and smoking dope all day while your kids wander the neighborhood in mismatched outfits and undone hair, begging for food. Hah!

Rona said...

We know you love having them home. It's about time you got caught :)

Josh and Bethany said...

I could be the math teacher . . . since I'm Asian! LOL

Heather said...

I will come do crafts with them and do music time! Too bad Stephanie is so far away, we could just have her as our home school teacher while we go shopping all day ;)

Christina Allen said...

I have secretly been toying with the idea of home schooling someday! I don't really have any reason to, I just think it might be fun. You could totally do a better job than Crawfordsville schools!

Kris said...

That is hilarious! And so are the comments people made! I won't even try because I'm SOOO not witty - I'm happy with just enjoying other people's humor! I'm glad to hear that everyone is back to normal and things are going smoothly again!

Kris said...

Oh, and I think the Truance officer used to work at Northridge and knew Kent, so you should have just mentioned Kent and he probably would have said "Cool." and left!